Trail riding in the mountains, through the woods, or over rolling hills is one of the best parts about owning a power sports machine. But with all the options to choose from, where do you even begin? If you’re struggling to decide which option is best for you, you’ll need to better understand the capabilities of both machines, and what tasks they’re meant to fulfill. While both ATVs and Side by Sides provide copious amounts of exhilarating fun, both were created to perform be used differently.
Why should you own an ATV?
An ATV, short for “all-terrain vehicle,” has a saddle seat riding position and handlebar steering, making the machine extra nimble. Seats are typically only designated for one person, however, some machines can sit two people, one in front of the other.
1. You need to be agile. Best suited for making quick turns, ATVs can operate well in wooded, or tight, secluded areas. Though Side by Sides are known for being the “utility work” machines, ATVs can also handle agile work, such as livestock herding as well as hunting.
2. You have a lot to haul. An ATV can haul a large amount of weight depending on the machine’s towing capacity.
3. You are racing for sport. ATVs can come in different sizes . Typically because ATVs are more agile than Side by Sides, they are used in off-road sports, such as racing, however, CFMOTO’s line of ZFORCE Side by Sides have been known to dominate the racing track as well.
What’s great about a Side by Side?
Side by Sides, otherwise known as utility task vehicles (UTVs), are ridden similarly to a golf cart. Riders sit next to each other in a seated position, can be strapped in by seatbelts, and use gas and brake pedals, as well as power steering, to maneuver the machine. The following are optimal reasons you would want to purchase a Side by Side:
1. You need cargo space. Though some ATVs can have cargo racks installed, our Side by Sides come with large-capacity cargo boxes with dumping capabilities. This means much more room to carry and transport any necessary cargo.
2. To do the heavy work. Don’t have the space to store a tractor? No problem. A well-equipped Side by Side has the capabilities to do the work of a small, compact tractor. Accessories for your Side by Side can be purchased and added; accessories include cultivators, disc plows, box scrapers, loaders, mowers, wood splitters, and augers.
3. You want to play. You’ll never have to ride alone again! Bring along your family and friends to experience the thrill of riding your Side by Sides. The two-seater or four-seater options are perfect for when you just want to ride around the field or back roads for fun.
4. It’s the perfect people-mover. Whether it’s your family or you have employees working on your property, don’t waste valuable working hours making them walk from one location to another. No matter if you choose to purchase a two-seater or four-seater, a Side by Side is perfect for transporting people between various locations.
In reality, you can use both ATVs and Side by Sides for similar tasks, however, the main difference between the vehicles is how they’re built and ridden. While both ATVs and Side by Sides are designed to perform specialized tasks, you can sometimes use both for similar things including racing, hauling, and playing. If you’re still not sure which machine is best for your lifestyle, we recommend you narrow down your decision by taking a test drive at your nearest CFMOTO dealer. If you’re interested in owning a CFMOTO machine of your own, check out our brand new lineup of ATVS and side-x-sides